Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Let's try this again

I have started this over and over again though each time I end up discouraged and deleting what I had wrote.



Joel and I attended our first OB-GYN appointment on Tuesday and it was a huge success! We have chosen the Boyd Group to deliver our baby so our appointment was across from Portage Place. The doctor felt the baby by pressing my belly and confirmed the little peanut’s head is down. The heart rate was a strong 130 bpm. He confirmed by due date as March 11th (previously it had been moved to March 20th) and told me I looked really healthy from my chart. He provided time to answer questions although I did not have many. I have since started a list for the next time I go. (January 25th) To think that I am 32 weeks along already terrifies me on one hand and really excites me on the other.


I have been tired for awhile now and not sleeping great and that just seems to get worse with each expansion of the bump. I have tried pillows, but so far the best option is the couch. (Although I don’t often use it)


My parents are getting really excited for their big move which happens the weekend of January 22nd.  They have already given many items away and sold what they could.  They still have a lot for the storage unit they are renting, but I think my mom is feeling good with how it is all progressing.


We have purchased our last big ticket item which was a travel system stroller and car seat. After my parents move I will go to the fire department to ask for help installing the car seat base. (Not because I don’t trust Joel, but because it is a free service that they offer and we have a fire hall that I can see from my house) There are still so many things we need to get, but I know we will get there soon. Most are little items but all still essential. (receiving blankets, onsies, etc.)


Chaos (our mastiff) has gotten worse and it breaks my heart. He is unable to hold his balance most of the time although appears to still be happy and mostly pain free. He has been diagnosed with Wobblers Disease which is a neurological disease caused by a narrowing at the spine. Basically there is pressure on his 3rd and 4th vertebrae. It causes him to act clumsy and causes a lot of problems with stairs. He is only 14 months and the size of a 6 month old mastiff at 105lbs. (he was estimated to be 180lbs, but stopped growing from the disease) He still plays and enjoys being with us, but I am definitely seeing it get worse and worse as the days progress. His new fear is coming down the stairs from our top level (where our room is and where he sleeps) to the kitchen (and back door). He often sits at the top of the stairs and whines. He will try to put one paw down, but brings it back up and starts to cry/whine again.  I think it is because he slips on the lino, so we may have to try a mat at the bottom of the stairs to see if that helps in the short term.  We have started to look for a new home (with fewer stairs) for him.


We attend our first prenatal class this evening and I am really looking forward to it! I am excited to get Joel more involved and learn more about labor and what to expect. I have read a lot about what to expect after the baby arrives, bringing the baby home, but I kind of avoid the all too scary labor section of books and websites.


I am starting to count down until February 15th which is a spa day I planned with my mom. Joel and I were not sure what to get her for Christmas since they are moving and trying to get rid of “stuff”, so we bought her a pedicure at Ten Spa. Luckily for me my husband thought I deserved one too and got me a matching certificate! I made a reservation for us at Maxime’s for lunch and then an appointment for our pedicures! I cannot wait.


I am gearing up for mat leave starting on February 26th and am really looking forward to it. It has become so hard to stay at my desk and awake for 8 hours a day a little afternoon nap would be nice.


Well for now that is all the news I have, so enjoy ~

No comments:

Post a Comment