Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Thursday, July 8, 2010

I thought I was over this.....

Today I spent another morning driving around putting Mika to sleep. (I also had to do this last night and about 5 times in the last 2 weeks) This is week #2 of her sleep problem and I'm starting to loose it.  She was doing so well waking only twice a night to feed and straight back to bed.  All of a sudden like a switch she mixed up her days and nights.  She is taking longer naps during the day - the morning she will sleep from about 8:00am - 10:30am and then her afternoon one is 12ish - 2pm.  She is now up every hour, crying, so I put her back to sleep and like clock work no more than an hour can pass and she is awake again - ALL NIGHT!  Also she has decided the day starts at 4am.... I know the Haywards are early risers, but......   any suggestions? 

2 comments:

  1. oh, I feel for you! Sawyer has definitely had some weird nights lately too. I remember with my other kids that right around 4 months there is a growth spurt that's pretty intense. Most kids get a messed up sleeping schedule for a bit and seem to eat constantly. It could also be the beginning of teething, who knows? If you want to rule anything out just take her for a check up and make sure nothing else is going on, then just ride it out and try to encourage her to go back to sleep when she wakes up. This too shall pass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Jobina! I have taken her to the doctors and they are not worried about anything, so you are right, this too shall pass. :) this weekend was much better, and I'm glad to know there is a growing spurt happening or coming up as it makes me feel better. At least all the screaming and waking is for something. haha!

    ReplyDelete