Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

She Works Hard For The Money

Since my last post, life has been crazy. It is amazing how things can change so quickly without you even realizing it. Joel and I have been so lucky thus far, and I can not wait to see what the future brings.

I loved the BP Tournament I was in! It was such a great time with old friends and wonderful memories. Ryan fit right in with the team, and became Andrew’s new best friend. Ryan gave him a little tip on his swing and it improved by at least 50 yards (at straight!). Andrew was so excited and has requested our company for next years tournament.

This week’s golf game was good. I notice a huge improvement in my game already, and really for all the rain checks I have accumulated, I have not gone that much. My drive is still weak, maybe 50 yards, but is relatively straight. I know it is short because I have no back swing or follow through, but it just feels very unnatural still. (must be all the floor hockey I played in school) I will keep working at it, and hopefully can get out to the driving range once this year with Joel so I can practice some more. I was stung by a bee at the beginning of the game, and although it hurt (like a lot), I was able to play on!

Last Monday was the No Doubt concert and I went with Mel. What a great show!! Mel and I had great seats in section 100. The floor was available when we bought our tickets, but it is rush seating and standing only. Being 5 feet tall usually leads to being behind someone taller than me. Every time I have been on the floor for a concert, I have not enjoyed it. I don’t enjoy standing for 3 hours, and I paid to see the band, not the back of someone’s sweaty head. So I was glad we had the seats we did. As usual, I ran into a couple of people I knew. One, Jen was a girl I worked at when I was with The Baby Gap back in high school. She is married and pregnant now, and looks very happy. I also ran into a girl who graduated a year behind me, Samantha. Actually Sam made my doll. At BH it is tradition that the grade 11’s make the grade 12’s dolls that look like them, in uniform with unique touches to suit their personality. Mine came with my tattoo drawn on my back, a necklace that I always wore, and a watch. It actually got me reminiscing, and I pulled out my doll from storage just the other day. I remember how long they took to make, but I also know I will have it for the rest of my life.

Last week Joel and Martin delivered our new office desk and double bed. (Thank you Martin and Barb for the wonderufl gifts!) Martin and Barb are moving, so Joel and I have received their unneeded furniture. I am excited to move our big (ugly) desk to the dump, and downsize to something that fits better in our house. We have plans for the old office, but for now it will just be the dogs room.

While moving the office over, I purged our desk, closets, and numerous boxes that have been in our spare bedroom since we moved in. We were never really sure what our ultimate plan was, but now that we have it figured out, it made the clean up very easy. I can not wait to have the upstairs looking like I want it to.

Joel has been working at my cousin Ryan’s new house. They moved at the end of June and have gutted their entire upstairs. They are actually living in the basement while Ryan works to complete the upstairs renovations. Ryan’s house did not have light in any room except the kitchen so Joel has been busy wiring new lights in. It is a lot of work for Joel, but with our basement coming close to needed drywall done, Joel is happy to help.

Ryan also stuccos houses so when we decide to continue our full reno plan, he will be redoing the outside of the house for us. We have not decided if we will continue with the kitchen renovations as planned, or if in a few years we will build a house outside of the city to accommodate our wants. It seems like a lot of money to spend (especially in this area), and we are not sure what our future holds at this point. I guess we will wait and see.

This weekend we are camping with Sarah and Jay. I am very excited to spend the weekend outside, playing games (well, at least watching, but I will try to play too) and seeing how our first real camping experience with the dogs will be. We are staying at a provincial park, and although we picked a secluded area, I am worried how the dogs might behave with all the foot traffic and other guests around.

I have changed my mind about accepting the workshops coordinator position at MTEC. I spoke with Shannon, our CEO on Friday and she was very supportive of my decision. Although I am staying with SAFE for now, I do know some major changes are coming,

Well for now, I must go start supper. Enjoy ~

No comments:

Post a Comment