Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The 19th Hole

I wrote my case study and am actually very worried about it. Besides the length of time it took me to complete, the questions were not as simple as I thought they would be. I have always done well on essays (even without reading the book) however this exam was a different format. I was not able to construct sentences that may appear to convey an actual answer. I will not receive my marks until later this week, or early next but I am not looking forward to having to rewrite this paper.

Joel and I took our first camping trip of the summer! It may have only been in my sisters backyard, but it was a lot of fun. We went up to Mennville (just past Riverton) for a wonderful one night stay. We brought the 3 dogs (we were dog sitting my parents dog Meela) and set up a tent in their front yard. I was surprised at how well behaved our dogs were considering it was a new place and there was so much for them to explore. They stayed close to Joel and I, and loved running the length of (or as far as we could throw) Sarah and Jay’s yard chasing balls. They slept well in the tent which was my biggest concern. Chaos guarded the door, and Monster cuddled near Joel. It was a great experience! Sarah, Jay, Joel and I are even planning on camping in a provincial park near the end of July.

I am golfing in the Boston Pizza “Tee Party” golf tournament today. It is a fu tournament, full of staff and very few suppliers. The Boston Pizza Open golf tournament that I helped organize in previous years is more of a professional tournament with mostly suppliers and partners in the industry. I am looking forward to golfing today with Korine, Andrew, and my cousin Ryan. I have not seen Korine since I got married, but I talk to her almost every day. Between e-mails and phone calls, we still keep in touch.

I was unable to golf on Monday since a wind and rain storm came in. So I am excited to actually get a game in this week. I think I have about 6 rain checks from Fantasy Lake.

I had a strange weekend of realizing a friend of mine, was actually related to friends of my parents. We have knew both “sets of the family” for quite a long time, however never associated the two together! What a small world it is. It was a real reminder to watch what you say, and who you say it to as you never know with Winnipeg!

I have accepted a new position in my job. I will be leaving SAFE Hospitality as their administrator, and have accepted the new role as Workshops Coordinator. I will be coordinating the training in Manitoba, including our most recognized program Manitoba Best. I have been researching a lot for curriculum on customer service as we would like to reinvent the Manitoba Best program. Manitoba Best is a customer service training program for anyone in the tourism industry. I actually took this program almost 10 years ago with Lilac Resort and just recently again with MTEC. Currently, our national office has discontinued the recognition portion of the Manitoba Best program. Clients would receive recognition if 50% of their staff completed the training. We have made a decision that we should include a recognition program when we re-launch our new version of Manitoba Best.

I will also be taking the training to be able to deliver the Manitoba Best session. I have learned a lot on adult learning styles, and will continue to research. When I take this training, I will actually be a backup trainer for the session. This will be a great step should I decide to stay home with our family (one day!) as it is an easy way to pick up additional income. Although I am accepting this position on a one year term, I have been told there is the possibility of extending it to make it a permanent position for me.

I need to leave now for golf, but enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! An update! We loved having you guys up here! Come anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete