Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Happy birthday and a few other notes

I should start off appropriately wishing my mom a Happy Birthday!! I love you and hope you have a wonderful day. And although I do not say this near enough, Joel and I really appreciate everything you and dad do for us. Your support and honesty have always been appreciated and I’m sure there were times when you felt like giving up on me. For all the times and every time you did not, I need to thank you. You will never really know how much you mean to me, but please know even when I get annoyed or frustrated or simply do not say it, I love you and I am proud to be your daughter. Hopefully, when I raise our child, I will pass onto him or her many of the same values, work ethic, and closeness you and dad instilled in me.



This Saturday is an exciting one! Not only do I get to travel to Fargo to shop the day away, but my wonderful husband and father-in-law are staying at home to work on our basement! Joel was originally planning to come down to Fargo with us, but after much debate he has decided this weekend would be a good one for continuing the home renovation. The temperature is still well enough to leave the dogs outside (and therefore out of Joel’s way) and he will not have to entertain me. The plan for us is an early departure (7:30am) followed by a day of baby and maternity shopping in Fargo and Grand Forks. We plan to eat at Chili’s (long story, but I trust me when I say I have waited years for this!) for lunch and my dad is picking our dinner destination. Dad will browse Menards in between chauffeuring mom and I from store to store. When I get home, it is my friend Dana’s birthday celebration so assuming I am not totally wiped and make it home at a decent hour, I will head over to the Tavern on Pembina for a good visit with friends.


I have made plans to host our Thanksgiving dinner again at our house, however due to the size of our oven, I have my in-laws cooking the turkey and stuffing and my parents cooking some of the side dishes. (Actually the ones I requested) I always love a good family dinner and have been lacking in my hosting duties lately. This year we are missing 2 staples at our place for Thanksgiving though. Kevin and Mel have joined us for the last couple of Thanksgiving dinners (between our house and my parent’s house) since Kevin’s parents go away and Mel’s parents are in Dryden. This year they will be in Steinbach celebrating with Kevin’s mom’s side of the family. Sarah and Jay are planning on visiting Jay’s family too so it will be a small get together this year.


I missed taking a picture yesterday, but will ask Joel to take one tonight so you can see the progress. I am hoping to have an ultrasound appointment booked soon, and have my next doctor’s appointment Monday. I cannot wait for Joel to hear the heart beat! I attended my workout class this past Monday with a different instructor and it was much easier. I was even told I was the “most fit in the class”. I laughed since there is only 2 other people who participate. One girl, Nicole is at 22 weeks and our newest addition is Wendy at 14 weeks. I need to make more of an effort to participate in the video training at home, but it always feels like I have something on the go. Hopefully tonight I can get a quick session in.

Well that is it for now ~ enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely post Ash! Your mom must have been delighted to see this! Hope you are enjoying your pregnancy =)

    ReplyDelete