Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Whirlwind

Our life right now is a whirlwind..... of choice, of opportunities, and of decisions. 

But today's post is about something else.  What do you do when you like a mom, but not the influence her child has on yours? 

Now let me clarify - I think she's a great mom, and I enjoy her company, but whenever Peanut visits her, she comes home with a new attitude, one I don't appreciate.  I've noticed the little girl has this attitude, mostly towards her mom, but sometimes directly to Peanut and although I want to say something about how she addresses Peanut, I don't.  I feel some of the language she uses to Peanut is rude and needs to be corrected.  I think she has a really hard time sharing, and I don't think she plays very nicely. 

But the mom is in a tough situation.  She has a life similar to mine.  So, at what point do you cut off a friendship for the influence of your own child? I mean, Peanut will meet kids like this next year in preschool surely.  She might even end up as one (although I hope not!). Do I address it with her and risk offending her? (and truth be told, I'm sure I would)  Do I just correct Peanut after each visit?  Do I explain that although her mom may tolerate that behaviour, I absolutely do not.

Advice..... please!

1 comment:

  1. Alls I know is that you can only control your own behaviour, you can't control others. So... changing what the mom and her child does, is off limits. (Without permission from the mom for her child, that is.)

    It's always a good time to learn to say: "That hurt my feelings when you pushed me." And it's always a good time to learn that if feelings are hurt too often, without any regard for those feelings, you can walk away and play elsewhere.

    Just my thought. L.

    ReplyDelete