Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Just what the doctor ordered

I have a new picture from week 16 that I will post when I get home, but for now simply the news.

This past weekend was exactly what I needed! Joel and I drove up to Mennville on Friday night to visit Sarah and Jay. We had planned this about a month ago and I was really looking forward to going up there again. Since sleeping is so important right now, I slept inside on their spare bed and Joel slept with the boys outside in a tent. (Jay is allergic so the dogs stay outside) We left the city at a good time, although I had a headache. I think it was the stress of the week’s events building up. The ride was just a little too long for a cranky pregnant woman as I was getting quite annoyed with Joel when we were about 15-20 minutes away. (and he was with me)  But we did survive the road trip together, so that is a plus. I barely said hello to Sarah before a barged into their house and into their bathroom. (again just a little too long without stopping for me)

When we arrived Friday, Joel set up his tent immediately so he could do with some daylight. After he set it up and tied up the dogs, he came inside. About 30 minutes later Monster started barking, but Joel thought he was just lonely. About an hour later Joel went out for a smoke to see his tent in shambles beside the tree the dogs were under. They had pulled the tent towards them and then apart. (I say “they” loosely as my educated guess would be Chaos) Joel reset the tent up in the dark with help from Jay and a lantern while the mosquitoes were swarming! As they finished, Monster entered the tent through the back door. Wait, we do not have a back door in that tent… He had torn the screen of the window so he could jump in. Luckily, there is still a solid cover that you zip up when it rains that was not damaged so Joel used that.

Sarah and I spent Friday night talking like little school girls at a sleep over. I have really enjoyed getting to know Sarah and this weekend was no exception. Sarah is a great listener, and by about 10pm after I unloaded all my stress on her, my headache was gone. At about the same time, Jay and Joel asked if we wanted to play Carcassonne. Surprisingly I played, did not win and still had a lot of fun! I am really thinking about buying that for our house so Joel and I can play together.

Saturday morning Joel woke up with a new “doggie door” installed courtesy of Monster and Chaos. (again, my educated guess would be Chaos although no one can be sure) They had made their own entrance on the side separating the floor and a wall. (Basically one whole side of the tent) I woke up Saturday morning in a comfy bed with dark blinds covering the sun which made me feel like I was at home. Jay made us egg mcmuffins. He placed the beaten eggs in muffin tins and cooked them in the oven. What a great idea! They were the perfect shape and size, and they turned out so yummy. Sarah had also cut up fruit, which both Joel and I eat lots of so that was a good start. We then started the Harry Potter marathon. Although I slept through most of the movies, the parts I did watch were good. We had so much food and ate all day. I had brought a bacon cheese dip, a spinach artichoke dip, and a taco dip, plus Sarah had more fruit, veggies and dip, and wings (which we did not cook cause we had so much else). Jay made us homemade pizza for dinner. The dough was even homemade! It was some of the best pizza I have eaten and seriously makes me consider getting a bread maker. I did not realize you can get bread makers where you dump the ingredients in and it does everything else! I thought I had to have more to do with the process, but after seeing theirs in action I think I will start looking for one! Although the boys only got through 4 (of 6 movies) on Saturday, it was a nice, relaxing day for us. Sunday started with more fruit, and the remaining 2 movies. Again, I slept. It was a perfect weekend and exactly what I needed.

As an update to my spot bleeding, over my relaxing weekend, it completely stopped. Now I cannot say for sure, however my guess of what was causing it was the chiropractor. The timing coincidence is just too large. I went Friday, spot bled Sunday. I went again Tuesday and spot bled on Thursday. I have decided I will no longer be seeing a chiropractor, and if the pain continues I will go to a physiotherapist. My friend since grade 1, Dana is in her last year to be one, and has provided me a lot of great advice. Her biggest advice was exercise during pregnancy.

Which brings me to the research study I joined…. I attended my first fitness class on Monday and loved it! It was totally not what I was expecting (I was expecting delicate flower exercise, they were planning boot camp), but I really felt great afterwards! We do cardio for 30 minutes and then stretch training from another 30 minutes with a short cool down. After my squats, lunges and bosu ball exercises, I really feel like this class will help! I had been going to the gym pre-pregnancy however my first trimester hit me hard in terms of low motivation and desire to do anything besides sleep, so I had stopped. After how I felt on Monday, I think the exercise will be really good for me and the baby.

Tuesday my mom invited Joel and I for dinner. She made an amazing lasagna with Caesar salad and garlic cheese toast. (yes, more calories than I worked off likely, but it was good none the less) After dinner, mom and I headed to Babies R Us to meet Martin and Barb. I picked out our crib, change table and mattress. There was sale on so we thought getting it now would be fine. Our parents split this gift to us (Merry Christmas Peanut!) and I could not be more appreciative and thankful! The set is colored in espresso and is beautiful. We had help loading it into Martin’s truck except not everything would fit. So I called my dad to come meet us and he took a box in his truck too. We unloaded it at my parents in their garage where it will stay until the basement houses the dogs, and the room has been painted.

Our basement has made no progress, but Joel is hoping to get some stuff done this weekend so he can drywall next week. We will see how that goes since we are also helping my parents this weekend pull down their deck at Lilac and move their current shed. They are planning on building a new addition onto their trailer, and put in a new shed in a different location this spring, so the preconstruction has begun already.

We went out for drinks (and cactus cuts for me) with Kevin and Mel and Mike Turenne yesterday. It is nice to finally have enough energy to get out and of course catching up with friends is always enjoyable! I have not been at BP in a long time, and it was a little weird being there, but we had a good time. I am super tired today though since we have been out every day this week. Tonight will hopefully be a nice quiet Thursday to enjoy watching TV.

Well, that’s it for now, so enjoy ~!

No comments:

Post a Comment