Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Roll a Dice....

That is how I feel when I wake up. If I roll an even number, I will have a good day… BUT if I roll an odd number, then I will be tired and possibly sick.


I did get morning sickness for the second time this week on Monday. I came into work and felt great, but while sitting at the front talking with Fiona and Tanya, a nasty heat wave struck me and I went running to the bathroom. Needless to say, I am not complaining as this is only the second time I have been actually sick. Although I felt like I would be more often, I never was and therefore really cannot ask for sympathy.


Besides being tired, my pregnancy is going well. I am counting down until September 16th as we should be able to hear the heart beat and we will also likely schedule my ultrasound! I have also found a new design for the nursery that I am planning. I will be ordering the crib bedding and accessories this weekend and we have friends who live in Minneapolis that can go any pick it up for me! Their family lives up here, so they will bring it during a visit likely by Thanksgiving. For all this hassle, the bedding better be as nice as it looks online……


This past weekend was uneventful, but successful. I came home on Friday to a wonderful husband who had sanded down all our doors so they shut properly. We had a closet door in the nursery that was near impossible to open or close, a bathroom door that needed to be slammed, and a few others that although were not extremely bad were fixed. Joel also worked on the basement! All the electrical minus one wall light (and only because we decided to add one more) is finished! Joel now will order the drywall and has a few trips to the dump to make. Although I think our end of September deadline is not possible, I am still hoping for it.


This week has been low key in some ways and busy in others. I had my final golf game on Monday and although I actually only golfed probably 4 holes, I felt good to get out. I started to get very tired and frustrated near the end so I took a few holes off although I walked with the girls. I enjoyed my golf experience; however I am glad to say it is over. I think if it had become more of a routine, I may have enjoyed it more, but because it was so sparingly attended, I felt obligated to go. I also felt a little tied down and during the summer and I don’t like that. It was a long season that lasted the entire summer which was another down side. I will not be joining again, but do think this was a great league for a beginner, and if it is something you are interested in, this would be a good choice.


We also had our golf wind-up last night. We had pork on a bun – no not pulled pork on a bun like I thought – a slice of ham on a bun. It was okay as it was accompanied by a spinach salad and dessert. There was a performer as well who was entertaining. His tricks and demonstrations were amazing, but his comedy and flow needed some work. (listen to me – like I know what I am talking about!)


I developed a great relationship at the MRFA golf tournament! The gentleman who drove me to the clubhouse who I wrote about in a previous post – Bill from Arctic Glacier – has become another contact on my list. I wrote him a little note thanking him for the ride, and making sure my name and contact information made it to him, and sure enough he was happy to hear from me. He even offered me free ice, or any other favor I needed! Honestly, what a super guy and definitely a name and number to keep for when I am returning to work next spring……..


I am planning on writing my event coordinator case study rewrite by the middle of October. Although I did well on it, I did not pass. The way the exam works is only certain questions are actually marked, and all with different passing levels. Some questions you need to receive full marks on, where others if you received 3/5, you have passed that question. I have to rewrite 3 questions I believe and just need to study my standards a little harder before my rewrite. It is hard to get past the “what would I do” vs. “what do they tell me I should do” frame of mind. I used a lot of logic and quick thinking when I did event coordinating for BP, so using a structured system is difficult at times.


We have had a lot of drama at the office this week. A law suit mending and a few suppliers being let go lead for an interesting week! I have had 2 meetings this week to change our technical suppliers. One was our “IT Guy” – the guy who troubleshoots and supports our system and day to day office operation. The second was to look at switching over our online testing site for the mandatory liquor serving license. Both meetings went well and I am confident the next few months will bring a lot of change into our office.


This weekend we are going out to Lilac for the long weekend. We plan to leave on Saturday and return home on Monday. I am really looking forward to it because my mom is planning a seafood fest! She has lobster tails, scallops, shrimp and crab legs! I cannot wait to enjoy our meal on Sunday. Mom even invited Martin and Barb out so it will be a wonderful family dinner.


Monster is healing but did tear open his stitches. He hates the cream we have to put on, so I usually ask Joel to do it. (he has better luck than I do) His scraps are looking better but the deep cut by his wrist is still quite bad.


Chaos is shedding like crazy right now! Joel and I cannot keep up with sweeping. Our room is swept at least once a day, and sometimes more often depending on how much time the dogs are in our room. He is lucky he is cute, because he sure is a lot of work!


I have found a supplier of the cloth diaper I want to try! I am excited to try and learn about cloth diapering. Although we do not plan on cloth diapering 100% of the time (for example, when we go to Lilac or really anywhere out of the house, I will be bringing disposables) I do think anytime you can cut down on your consumption and environmental impact, it is worth trying. I am also looking into biodegradable diapers; however I know they have been known to cause rashes. The supplier does give a free sample, so before we buy we will know if the baby reacts to them.


There have been a lot more books and online reading this week although I am starting to feel more educated and knowledgeable about the pregnancy subject. It was tough at first as everything was so new and I knew something felt different but I couldn’t tell what. I knew I was “not myself”, but how to explain it to a doctor when nothing physically was wrong. When I learned I was pregnant, it was a relief! But it also got me thinking about how little I knew of what was yet to come. I am feeling better about this now, and although there will be many more surprises, I feel like I can deal with each and every one of them.


I am planning as my first choice to give birth naturally, however I am also open to the idea of “assisted” labor. (i.e. drugs/epidural) A friend from work’s brother is one of the anesthesiologists at St. Boniface Hospital where we plan to deliver. I have asked Fiona to ask her brother a few questions for me, and based on those answers will really determine what the ultimate goal is. I have a strong personality, however am a weak individual when it comes to pain. This is why I am also open to the idea of it being assisted. (of course the hippie in me wants a completely natural birth)


Well I think that is it for now, so enjoy ~

No comments:

Post a Comment