Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Scary, but Strong!

Sunday was one of the worst days I have had during my pregnancy. This was not because I felt sick, or nauseous, or because I was tired, this was because I had spot bleeding. I instantly felt terrible, worried, and like nothing I have ever felt before. After crying on Joel’s shoulder and him telling me everything would be alright, I logged online and started to researched “spot bleeding at 14 weeks”. I know, dangerous game as the internet is full of horror stories. For once, I actually felt better! There were women who had all sorts of reasons on why they had spot bleeding, none of which were anything serious. I started to feel better and things were looking up. Until my mind started working again, and all logic went out the window. Then I was right back to crying on Joel....


Monday morning I woke up and called in sick to work. Right after, I showered and called in to the doctor. I pleaded my case to the receptionist who was awesome and found me an appointment for 3pm. She told me if I have sick time, to use a day and stay in bed and off my feet. (after reading most of the internet stories, likely this advice was in case it was my cervix) When I went into the doctor’s office, it seemed like I waited forever. Finally my name was called and I almost started to cry again. (I should note that by this point the spot bleeding was gone) The doctor walked in and asked if I had any concerns. I told her exactly what happened. She said, “okay, let’s hear the heartbeat”. Just like that! And sure enough, she was able to find one right away!! I cannot tell you how relieved I was. After about a minute, she was able to get a strong enough signal that even I could hear the little heart beating! It ranged, but mostly stayed between 145 bpm and 148 bpm. Joel was disappointed he could not be with me for this appointment, but he had to stay at work. The doctor said spot bleeding happens to 1 in every 4 pregnant women, and actually the more women I talk to, the more common I am learning it is!  The heart beat was like nothing I have ever heard before, and find it hard to imagine that a little person, with their own heart is growing right inside me.


The doctor should be booking an ultrasound in the next 2-4 weeks based on when they can fit me in. Hard to believe that it is already that time. Joel is excited for this appointment and already has plans if the appointment is in the middle of the day vs. near the end. I have blood work next week and another appointment in 3 weeks. It is weird how quickly, and slowly a pregnancy goes.


This weekend was Joel’s cousin’s wedding so we had a quiet Friday night at Kevin and Mel’s. It seems like we have not visited with them in awhile, so it was nice to catch up. On Saturday, Jen and her husband had a beautiful ceremony in Charleswood, (actually at the same Church Joel’s parents got married!) and then a reception at the Hotel Fort Garry. We spent the afternoon at Joel’s parent’s condo for the “gap” between the two ceremonies. My parents were brave and watched the dogs for us since we were gone all day. Apparently the dogs were well behaved although I find that hard to believe. The dogs love playing with my dad, especially Chaos. They wrestle on the ground and play fight, while Monster enjoys having dad throw the ball for him.


This weekend I am excited to be making a “roadtrip” up to Mennville to visit Sarah and Jay. We are planning a Harry Potter marathon. I have never seen any of the movies, and Joel has only seen the first one. It will be nice to be back up there cause although I am sure it is not relaxing for them, it is quite a getaway for us. Joel will sleep outside with the dogs in the tent since Jay is allergic, and I will sleep in their spare bedroom since preggo needs her sleep.


I have started chirco once a week/once every 2 weeks to help align my pelvis and help with my stiff and sore neck. This is supposed to help ease the delivery, so we will see what happens. This service is covered by Joel’s benefits, so I really have nothing to lose.


I have also confirmed my bedding dilemma. My friend and her husband actually live in St. Paul where there is a babies r us store. I called the store and they have everything I need, so yesterday I went and got a US money order that I will mail to Jessica today. Jess said she had no problems picking it up for me! Even better is that my cousins are going down for Thanksgiving weekend, and will bring it back for me! I cannot wait as I was worried I may have to find another nursery set.

Well I am sure there are a million other things going on, but for now, that is all. Enjoy ~

No comments:

Post a Comment