Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Friday, July 29, 2011

I have to laugh.....

2 things brightened my day today....

Joel has started to teach Mika to use the potty. Not really potty training, because she is still in a diaper all day, but if we notice the signs or she tells us she has to go, then we will put her on her potty and encourage her to use it.  He has had more success than I have with 2 successes today. 

Today she told him she had to go and he put her on her potty.  He sat on the toilet like she requested.  If you know Mika, you know she is a little OCD.  Everything has it's place and things belong where they belong. (she is her mother's daughter!)  While she sat on the potty she noticed the bath mat's corner had flipped so she got up to fix it.  (clearly a priority over needing to pee)  While she did this however, she peed all over the floor!  We would have had another successful attempt if it wasn't for that corner.... oh well!

Day 3:
J: "Honey, I don't know how you do it everyday. I'm exhausted!"
Me: "Baby, you don't even have it that bad. You haven't had to go grocery shopping or get anything with both of them plus you aren't the one feeding Maddy in between playing with Mika."

This makes me laugh for a lot of reasons, but mostly because this was said on day 3. (I do this 28 days in a row.) I think he is starting to understand why I look forward to those 2 weeks when he is home so much!

1 comment:

  1. I just laughed too!!
    Especially at the Mika peeing story! Too funny! Husbands don't get it, and even when they are home they don't get the whole picture because they don't do the feedings (at least not yet!)plus really they have our help when they are home. I have already said numerous time that I would like to see Jay stay home all day by himself!

    ReplyDelete