Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Sunday, January 15, 2012

17 days, but who's counting?!

There are a lot of reasons I am excited for the 1st, and I have really started to count down.  But what else is going on around here.....? Well, today we are having a quiet pj day. We have been out and about or had people over every day since my parents left! I was getting a little exhausted. We have our walk through scheduled for next week and next week is also my birthday. This year I feel a little disappointed by "my day". I usually get pretty excited about it but this year with Joel gone, my parents away, a new house to move into, etc. I just don't really feel like celebrating yet. My sister's birthday - well both of them- have their birthdays this month too. S turns 30 and although we normally don't exchange gifts this year I made a donation in her name. Ok, J already told me how lame that is, but I couldn't think of anything to get her and as I was going to get her lottery tickets, I thought of another place that could the money more, so she may feel ripped off, but there was thought behind it. J's birthday comes at the end of the month, but he will be too busy to even realize probably. I haven't thought of any great gift ideas and when I asked him he told me a shaving bag. Lame. So, I need to come up with something and fast, but what.......?!

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you and your new house. I am sure it will feel so good for you to be settled and home! This month is flying by, it won't be long now!!
    We will need to do something fun for your day, even if it is with the little ones. A birthday is a birthday after all!
    I think that is a wonderfully thoughtful gift for S! I wouldn't feel ripped off at all! :)
    J has always been hard to shop for, I should have ideas, but I just don't!!

    ReplyDelete