Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Friday, January 27, 2012

I'm pretty PUN -ny!

I think I'm pretty funny (or should I say pun -ny) and pretty much a dork. So this year I made little treat bags for J with puns on them for his birthday/Valentine's Day.

For example.....
  • Bag of cashews with a note that says "I'm NUTS about you"
  • Bags of tea with a note that says "I love you to eterni - TEA"
  • Gum - "I CHEW-se you"
  • Trail mix - "We're the perfect MIX"
  • Jelly Beans (J's favourite) - I've BEAN waiting for you my whole life
Well you get the idea. It took me awhile to think of these and I have them all done now. There are about 14 of them - one for every day he is home. I'm pretty proud of the results, even though I know J will just think I'm corny. (I believe I'm pretty clever.)

To accompany my little treat bags is a book with the letters A-Z. Written on each letter is a memory we have starting with that letter. For example A - Arizona, where we got married or B - Bomber Game, where we had our first date (unofficially).

I will also buy a traditional gift that will be from the girls. I have researched exactly what I want to get him, not I just have to find it. I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon and am hoping to leave right from there to Advance Electronics to get the gift. (My MIL is staying with the kiddos for me)

I've had a rough week which I had posted about, but decided to remove to try and keep positive. I aired my anger and now it's time to move on. In 4 days hopefully a lot of this stress will be waived by having J home for some extra help with the kids and help with the move.

I need to shout out to my SIL S and cousin A for offering to help with the kids. It will make things run so much smoother and I know already how much help this will be. Thank you thank you thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment