Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Friday, January 13, 2012

Remebering

Today I spent some time on a blog reading about birth from a father's perspective. It made me remember the second birthing class J and I took while I was pregnant with Bug. It made me cry as I read his thoughts, his hopes for her, how he felt, and his sense of panic/calm at different stages of the laboring process.  He spoke kind words of his wife and how proud he was of her. He spoke about his fears not only for his little one, but for his wife too. Although the laboring process is fairly female dominated, it was neat reading what he had been through during it.

During the birthing again class lots of questions were asked about how we felt the first time, and how the dad felt the first time and I learned a lot about Joel during the class. I think he learned a lot about me too, and how I was really feeling during different parts of labor.

Lately I have spent so much time focusing on the girls, it is nice to reflect on other aspects of them. Plus it makes me fall even more in love with J.

We are 2.5 weeks away from getting the house and Peanut keeps saying "home". I think she is ready to have her own space again. She is a lot like her dad, liking her things a certain way.

I have made a few commitments for once we move, joining a gym with a friend that has a daycare in. I excited to join and wish it was closer now, but with an hour drive each way, I'll just wait until we move. The other is to enroll the kids in a few activities. Not that they are usually easy to do by myself, but I'd like to meet some new people from the "neighborhood". (of course that means all neighboring communities too) I'd like to get peanut back into swimming, but I'm not sure how that would work. I'd have to find someone who could watch Bug. I'd also like to get Peanut into gymnastics as she really enjoyed it when she took it in the city. It was mostly free play on the equipment, but at least she was active and she had fun. So for now, I just get to plan about all the things we need for the move...... let's hope I plan this alright......

No comments:

Post a Comment