Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Monday, August 24, 2009

Sweet Emotions

This past week has been exciting in so many ways! I have hit 12 weeks which means we are out of the “high risk” section for miscarriages. Week 24 will be the next major event for us, as anytime after that the doctors can save the baby should something happen. So although we are at a lower risk, we are still not totally in the clear.

My emotions have been every where this week. I have cried watching movies, TV, reading books, and looking around our house. I even took a mental health day last week because of it! I woke up, went to the washroom and started to cry. I saw the laundry piled up, the messy house, the dishes that needed to be finished, dinner that I had not even thought about, and decided work was not an option. Now for those of you who have never dealt with pregnancy hormones, you might be thinking “Aren’t you overreacting a bit Ash?!” And I can honestly tell you in my sane mind, yes. However in my blurred pregnancy mind, this was something I just could not deal with. I have not had many of these – let’s call them episodes but they really are uncontrollable and just kind of sneak up on you.

This weekend Joel was sick. He actually threw up which I have never seen him do! He told me Friday he was not feeling great and my Sunday morning he was in the bush throwing up. (we were out at Lilac) So there was no progress on the house renovations this weekend. He is still not well, but hopefully a couple of nights rest will help him feel better.

Saturday I went shopping and found a new maternity shirt! It was a black stretchy material. I even tried it on with the little belly pillow and it should fit for quite some time. I will have Joel take pictures later this week and post them.

Sunday morning was a terrible experience! Since Joel was sick, I ran the dogs with my dad on the golf cart. I took Monster even though normally I take Chaos when Joel and I go. Well things were going well until our last corner. A boy on a bike came around the corner quickly and Monster went after him – unfortunately in front of the cart! My reflexes were not fast enough, nor was the leash short enough, so he ended up run over! I felt horrible and sick to my stomach. His leg was bleeding in two/three different spots, so I was going to have dad hold him on the cart while I walked Chaos home, but Monster wanted to be with his mommy. So I ended up walking with Monster home, and Chaos rode with dad. (made me feel a bit bettr that his leg was not broken) When we got back to the site we bandaged him up. When we got home, he slept most of the day and night and did not eat. Of course, this does not sit well with a mom, so I was really worried. This morning my dad picked him up and took him to the vet. They told me they would x-ray his leg, and would have to put him down if he needed stitches. When I called at 1pm, they told me they had not seen his chart, but the vet had asked I called back at 3pm. When I called the second time, they said he would be ready for 5:30pm. I asked if his leg was broken, but it looks like it was not this time! I am so relieved but can not wait to pick him up!

Today was supposed to be our last day of our golf league, but like most of the season, we were rained out. We were invited to come to the clubhouse and hang out, but neither Barb or I were really up for that.

Tomorrow I am at the MFRA golf tournament working on a hole monitoring a putting contest. It should be fun, except that I am on the hole by myself. If I would have preplanned, I could have invited someone to join me. Oh well, it is only for a few hours and then I will pick up Joel and we will be off to Martin and Barb's for a heart healthy dinner! (I love days like that when I don't have to cook. Being invited over during the week is a huge stress reliever for me)

Well I will write later this week after we (again hopefully) hear the heartbeat and tell you about that experience.


But for now, that is all. Enjoy ~

No comments:

Post a Comment