Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Monday, March 28, 2011

Mika's One Year Pictures



This weekend we are celebrating Mika's 1st Birthday with the family and a few friends.  Joel will be home tomorrow night after being away for 5 weeks.  Both Mika and I are looking forward to him being home, and I know Joel can't wait to spend Wednesday with his little peanut.  I have ordered a few things for Mika's party including a cake made special by Joel's coworkers wife themed as sesame street, photo cookies for the guests to take home and balloons. 

With Joel being home, it also means the end of renovations I hope.  While he is home he can get the last few touches done including putting doors back on the closets/pantry, adding a floor to the pantry, finishing the baseboards, reinstalling the lights in our back entrance, adding shelving to the pantry, etc.  The paint will likely have to wait until the end of April/beginning of May, but we are hiring someone for that.

I spent the weekend tired, but making freezer meals with my mom.  I remember very clearly being 9 months pregnant and wishing I could just pull something out with Mika.  This year, I figured I will feel even more like that, so I made a plan and we got started.  Friday was shopping for the ingredients at Lovedays, Dunrite, Gimli Fish Market, Miller's Meats, Costco and Superstore.  We even managed to make 5 chicken lasagnas before heading to bed. (well I went to bed, mom stayed up with Mika until 2:30am)  Saturday was 5 beef lasagnas, 3 chicken casseroles, 5 pork sate, 2 sweet and sour pork chops Supper Central Style, 3 BBQ pork chops, 20 calzones of 3 different varieties, Bombay chicken sauce, and Sunday was 3 more lasagnas, 7lbs of 3 different types of meatballs and 3 packages of prosciutto stuffed chicken. WOW!

After Mika's party I plan to take it easy as it feels like I haven't stopped in awhile.  I keep saying Bug will be the tough and won't let Mika push her/him around.  My sister was so thoughtful this weekend and offered to take Mika for a night to allow me a night off and to get some sleep. (Her parents were heading up to Menneville for the weekend so they could have brought her up)  If she wasn't 9 months pregnant, I may have taken them up on this offer, but I figured it would be 2am and I would be driving to meet them in Selkirk while she was in labor! 

Well that is all for now, until the next update... Enjoy ~

2 comments:

  1. After Mika's party you NEED to take it easy you have had a couple insane months! As Jay said last night, "you have a frozen food aisle in your freezer"! Awesome, it will make life easier for you (or Joel) as Bug gets closer to making his appearance. See you on the weekend... unless your neice or nephew decides to make an appearance soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I do hope my nephew/niece comes soon for you and Jay, I hope they wait until after the party so we can see you guys. And in all honesty, I hope SHE will wait until the 12th so I can be right on the guessing game - haha!

    ReplyDelete