Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Monday, March 14, 2011

Surprise!

On March 5th, my little peanut turned one!  And while Joel was busy at work, I was busy getting my van packed for our trip up to Bissett to surprise him.  A few weeks before Meek's birthday, Joel was sounding a little blue that he was going to miss it.  I thought if he couldn't be here for it - why not bring Meeks up to him?!  I searched online for the bed and breakfast (where Joel is staying) and sent my weird request.  Considering I wasn't even sure I had the right place, the email was a bit awkward.  Luckily for me, not only did I have the right place, but the gentleman and his wife that own it were amazing.  They welcomed me to come up and stay as long as I wanted to, even offering to make a special steak dinner for us.  I offered to bring some food, and in true Ashley fashion, overdid it a little.  I brought Joel some little gifts from me and Meeks (spiced rum and new work clothes) and left around 1pm.  We arrived shortly after 4pm to a beautiful home.  The bed and breakfast is quite large and all wood inside, it had a very cottage like feel.  Barry and his wife "Lake" welcomed Mika and I with open arms, and were extremely helpful with unloading, organizing my items, and hiding my van.  When Joel arrived just over an hour later, he was fairly grumpy - that is until he recognized Me and Mika!  He had tried calling my cell to sing Happy Birthday to Mika, but of course it was off. (there is no reception up there with Rogers)  He left me a message that sounded like a boy who just lost his puppy.  The guys he works with knew I was coming, so Clint, taking one for the team suggested they go out for pizza and beer.  As they headed back to the b&b, Joel couldn't understand the detour.  Clint explained that he needed his going out pants and Rolly wanted to see the b&b.  They finally got him into the house, and in typical Joel fashion, he did a quick acknowledgement wave to me in the living room, and went to poor a drink.  When I said "Is that anyway to greet your family?!" he turned around and his jaw almost hit the floor.  He couldn't believe we were there!  It really was a surprise which made it so much better.  All he kept saying was "I can't believe you came", and "thank you so much for coming".  Mika was thrilled to see him, squealing in delight when he got close to us.  It was such a good day for everyone, I was happy it all worked out.

While my little baby is now 1, I thought about all the things she has learned.  It is amazing how much she has grown, turned into a little character of her own with a little attitude and personality! She is stubborn, independent, and determined.  She makes me laugh everyday, and her smiles can make any day better.  (those chicklet teeth are just too cute) 

I have started to plan her little party we are hosting at my mom's.  It is sesame street themed so I have ordered the cake, cookies, and bought all the decorations.  We are just doing a lasagna dinner for everyone and it will be fairly small with mostly family and a few friends.

In other Hayward news, the renovations have begun again.  We hired a drywaller to finish taping, mudding and sanding for the back entrance, the holes from when the heated floor went in, the pantry and fix a few cracks in our ceiling.  It has left my house in quite a mess, but I have worked hard to try and clean it.  I still have a few hours worth of cleaning to do, but it is starting to feel not quite so overwhelming.

Besides these things in my life, on the weekend I hosted Sarah's baby shower.  We had games, food and a lot of presents to "shower" the baby with.  I think it went well, especially considering it was the first shower I hosted.  I have posted pictures of a few things I did on my facebook, and will post them here shortly.

If life wasn't crazy enough, I am in my third trimester.  Which means I am getting tired more easily.  I am overall feeling good but chasing after a 1 year old, renovating, having a husband away, working full time, planning surprises, showers and birthday parties, applying for my daycare license, completing my first aid/cpr training, and finishing my certification to be an event coordinator means life is busy to say the least. 

Anyways, I don't have pictures to post just yet, but will post them shortly.  Until then, enjoy your day ~

No comments:

Post a Comment