Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Delayed!

I don't start work until Tuesday - yay! I know it is only one day, but it is a bonus day to spend with Meeks. 

I had a wonderful evening out last night with Joel. He planned the whole night as a Christmas gift. (long story, but he did well in the end) He took me to Inferno's Bistro.  We have been there once before without a reservation, so we were unable to have the full experience. (our table had a reservation coming in only an hour so they warned us we might be rushed)  It is a great restaurant with lots to choose from ranging from pastas, to bison and elk, to sandwiches and more. We started with frogs legs and duck spring rolls (the frog legs were ok, kind of like chicken thighs, and the spring rolls were delicious!), followed by baked french onion soup, followed by our entrees.  Joel has bacon wrapped bison which I tasted and immediately regretted not getting.  I had a NY strip with scallops.  I know, I know, what a boring choice at such a restaurant!  It was the last special and it threw me off.  I really wanted the elk, but for some reason that's just not what I ordered.  After dinner we headed to Rumor's Comedy Club.  Joel has never been, and I used to go every year for my birthday.  I laughed so hard and remembered exactly why I loved going.

The new room has been started....... oh my how I hate renovations!  I just wanted our front and back finished first, but I guess that will have to wait. Luckily with Meek's new room it is only a matter of painting, we decided not to change any of the baseboards/framing this time.  This makes the whole pregnancy a lot more "real" for me, and as the room progresses, I know it will even more. My goal is to have Meeks in her new room for her birthday, but we will see.  I have recruited my mother in law to help me (she is going to regret it I'm sure) make Meek's new bedding.  I bought a crib sheet so I just wanted a comforter.  More for when she is a toddler since right now I only use sleep sacks.  I also plan to make the wall art and will probably do that with Joel next time he is home. (it is a 2 person job!)  

In other good news ~ I found my double stroller!  I have been debating for a long time about what I wanted in a stroller and I finally found one that meets my needs!  It is WAY too expensive, but it will make my life easier, and therefore I can justify the cost.  I tried out the Graco Duo Glider, but I just wasn't happy with it.  There are some other neat tandem strollers out there, but I am so short that I feel overwhelmed with the size of them. (I know there are not much longer than the stroller I have now, but I just feel that way)  So I finally found a side by side that fits my car seat and is only 5 inches wider than my stroller!  It will fit through doorways and I shouldn't have a problem steering it - especially since it has fully rotating tires in the front.  Anyways, we will not buy it for another month or so, but I am excited that I finally found one.

Still can not find a crib I like (that is not insanely expensive), but one will come up. I just have my eyes out and will keep looking online too.

I am feeling some what unprepared for this birth, which may sound weird since I just went through it 10 months ago.  I can't really explain it any better than that..... maybe once I start working again I might feel a bit more like....well myself I guess. 

Anyways, off to cuddle with my monkey! Enjoy ~

No comments:

Post a Comment