Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Monday, December 27, 2010

hi ho, hi ho......

So my last post got more comments than I was expecting - people calling me, facebooking me private messages, etc. I really appreciate the support and kind words.  I loved hearing that this happened to them (Thanks Mrs. M), that they wanted this experience to be positive for me (Thanks Mrs. T) and that overall they were happy for me/us (Thanks mom).  Anyways, I am still feeling like some family and friends are more excited for us than others, and I am still hearing some negativity swirl, but just know that I am just as excited for Bug's arrival as I was for Mika's. 

But now the real reason for the post - I am going back to work in one week!  I can't believe 10 months has flown by and that in one week I will have just finished my very first shift back.  My position has changed, and many of my coworkers have as well.  I have been in the office for training this month, and although there are many changes, there are many things that will be the same.  I am looking forward to focusing a little more on things outside my house and enjoying the time I do have with Mika when we are home together. (not that I don't enjoy it now, but you have to be positive about this kind of thing)  My mom will be watching Meeks for the 5 months that I am back which could not be a better situation. (at least for us.........) We are really lucky to have one set of grandparents that is retired and is interested enough to volunteer to do this for us.  I have searched high and low for daycare and nothing has worked out.  I still have my eyes open, and am thinking about a nanny 2 days a week to give my mom a break, but we will see what happens with Joel.

Joel is back to Bissett next Wednesday and will be gone for 2 weeks confirmed.  He believes it will likely be 3 weeks, but we will cross that bridge when it comes.  He will then be home for at least a week.  I did really well while Joel was away and even hosted 2 dinners at my house.  Okay so one was delivery, but I still get credit for having the house "company ready".  I have a new respect for single moms, but overall I think I managed very well.

Mika's first Christmas was more exciting for me than for her, but as a family we really enjoyed ourselves.  I bought everyone some really good gifts this year.  Joel got (among other things) a CAT dump truck, boot warmers, side cutters, the game Risk, and Mario Kart for Wii.  My parents were surprised by their gift and although Barb's was fairly low key in terms of excitement, I had fun picking out Martin's. Walnut even saw a gift or 2 from Auntie Ash and Uncle Joel this year. Mika was beyond spoiled and plays with about 1/4 of her presents.  But I am rotating her toys so she won't see the others for another 2 weeks. I did bring a few over to my moms as well since she will have her 5 days a week I thought it only fair to at least supply some toys that she can return once Meeks is home.

Today we did some much needed shopping for household things - 2 shelving units for Mika's toy room, primer for her new room, the fabric for her new bedspread, new outdoor lights, and some odds and ends.  The only place that was really busy was Walmart, but that's really to be expected.

Anyways, here are a few of my favourite pictures ~ Enjoy!

Mika with her new Black and Decker tool set from GG. Daddy made her wear the safety glasses

My little present!



My 3 monkeys opening gifts together
 
Daddy sharing his CAT dump truck with Meeks

Meeks watching her new train from nana and papa
Meeks preparing for Bug's arrival with a book from Grams and Grumpa

1 comment:

  1. You did AWESOME while joel was away! I can't wait to see next Christmas, with 9 of us! Wow our family is growing!
    Walnut is very much looking forward to reading books and playing with his/her lamb!
    Post pics of mika's new room when it is finished, I want to see it!!

    ReplyDelete