Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Sisters

I remember the very end of my wedding ceremony clearly.  I looked right at my maid of honor and new sister and in stereo we yelled "sisters!"


Today reminded me of how much I love having Sarah in my life, and wish she lived closer.  For those of you who have the privilege of knowing her, you know what a kind hearted, caring and thoughtful person she is.  I find myself completely open and honest with Sarah and she is an amazing listener.  She often has wonderful insight (maybe that goes back to her education) that brings me back to reality about any situation.  She has a perspective that I respect immensely. 

I have vented to Sarah about everything from getting a house, to switching jobs, to being pregnant, to breastfeeding, to sleep issues with Mika and everything in between.  It always surprises me how even where Sarah may not have had personal experience (yet), she was able to offer real solutions that didn't make me feel like a bad mom, or a selfish wife, or just a bad person.  She has no judgement and such empathy.

Today after a visit with her, I am reminded how much I love her and being apart of the Hayward Family.  I am quick to express my worries sometimes, whether it be about the lack of daycare, the sleep issues, going back to work, having another baby coming so close together, or Joel quitting his job, that I thought it was time for a positive post.  Besides being extremely grateful for the family Joel and I have created (and that he supports), I have been lucky enough to marry into one that has "taken me".  I won't go into a ton of examples, but I feel completely accepted and loved by them. They are quick to help out in (renovations, watching Mika, mopping my floor!) and offer support in any form they can. 



Obviously I am just as thankful for my mom and dad, but I will save that post for another day......

1 comment:

  1. I laughed at the first part, becasue not only did we yell "sisters" then, but we still talk in stereo from time to time!
    I always wanted a sister, if not a real one I was looking forward to getting a sister-in-law! Then Jay didn't have a sister! Joel picked a good one for me to get!
    When you guys told us you were pregnant with #2 I was so excited because we will be on Mat leave together.
    Love you tons, not just as a sister in law, but as a sister!

    ReplyDelete