Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Monday, December 13, 2010

Missing him

Joel was hired back shortly after he quit but was transferred to a new job site.  Unfortunately that new site is in Bissett, MB.  Which means he lives in camp, eats 3 meals a day, has a private room, shared showers, and no computer. Luckily he has cell service, so we text throughout the day, and talk every night. (with the exception of tonight as Joel was very sick and needed to go to bed before I could get Meeks ready) Joel is working 12 hours a day (6am - 6pm) however there have been a few hours spent in the work shack due to how cold it is up there.  Joel is making good money for being away from his family and although I am managing just fine, to him I know it is not worth being away.  He misses his little girl, and tells me throughout the day and on the phone. He was able to hear her say "dada" the other day (she started saying it the day he left) which I think only added to how much he wants to be home.  They aren't exactly sure when they are returning but sometime between the 19th and 23rd.  Luckily it is only a 2.5 hour drive, so he will work his shift then come home assuming the weather is okay. I use to wondered when I was pregnant when Joel would realize this baby was coming as he seemed so disinterested and distant from my belly, but the minute she arrived he couldn't take his eyes off her. He is such a great dad and husband, I just can't imagine life without him. I am looking forward to our Christmas holidays together and am glad we have only committed to 2 days of family events. 


As for bug, everything is going well.  I am feeling great and looking forward to an upcoming ultrasound.  We have requested it be at HSC. Heartbeat has been strong the last 4 weeks ranging from 130 - 135 bpm. I made Bug (my mom helped me because I am not super crafty, which means that she pretty much did it) a shirt today. It is actually a maternity shirt for me, but has little multicolored footprints going up it. I tried to print "You have already left footprint on my heart, and will forever more." but we couldn't get the printer to print it mirrored.


I had to work today, only for a few hours, but it was awful.  I didn't want to go, and seriously considered calling in. But come January I will have to return if I like it or not, so it was okay to be back in the office.  I was fairly new to MTEC when I went on maternity leave (I worked there just over a year), so returning for such a short period is hard as I am kind of "out of the loop".  There are 4 new staff members (out of 10!) who I have only recently met, and the other girls are fairly new to me too as I worked upstairs and will now be working with them downstairs.


I am having the families (mine and Joel's) over for dinner Wednesday. A great excuse to play with Meeks and enjoy some adult conversation.  Plus Martin has a story I am dying to hear!


Everything else is good, just missing my hubby like crazy.  And what's a post without a picture or 2?!

First Santa Visit
Even though it is a yucky old belt of Joel's, their faces are priceless!

1 comment:

  1. I can only imagine how you and Joel both feel with having him away... hopefully it will only be for a short time! I want to know what the story dad has is... I am so out of the loop!!

    ReplyDelete