Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Monday, May 23, 2011

A Weekend Away

Mika and I packed up Saturday evening, made a quick trip to the mall to pick up Auntie Mel and headed out to Lilac for a weekend away.  Last year Joel helped my dad build a new deck and room onto my parents seasonal site.  This weekend proved the room is exactly what they needed.  Mika happily played in the addition with some toys, place mats, water bottles and goldfish crackers. (She ate an entire bag in 2 days!) 

It was nice to spend time outside and have a change of scenery, but I was also happy to be home.  I wasn't feeling great all weekend (When I talked to Joel on Friday I told him I thought Bug would make their appearance this weekend just from how I was feeling - no such luck!) so I am hoping a good nights sleep in my own bed will cure me.  or Bug will come. :)

Sunday I went to visit Chris and Sarah (and Ryan of course) in Steinbach and had a great time. Mika couldn't get enough hugs and kisses from Chris. I think she really misses daddy and Chris was a good stand in. (Camping Daddy) We walked around the block, but with both of us being pregnant and it being 22 degrees outside, we decided some inside air conditioning was needed. I am so thankful to not be pregnant the entire summer - I don't handle heat well normally, and adding a little furnace to the front does not help!

Tomorrow I see my midwife again. I'll post that update soon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment