Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Adventures and Shopping

We ventured out to Grand Forks this weekend for some shopping and relaxing. J really wanted to take Peanut camping this year for Father's Day, but I was VERY pregnant and he was worried about getting Peanut somewhere and to the hospital if it happened while he was away. (turns out he could have gone since he missed it anyways) So to make up for it we headed down to Grand Forks for Sunday and Monday with our friends Chris, Sarah and their 2 little guys.  R is a year older than peanut, but they play extremely well together.  It's actually really cute to watch. Besides the exchanging of kisses and a couple of meltdowns (from both kids), they shared toys, played in the pools, and hung out with their dads pretty much the whole weekend.  Sarah and I took B and Bug shopping with us, and got a lot accomplished. We even managed a sit down lunch with both little ones. I am finished my Christmas shopping for all children in our lives leaving just my parents and in laws. Considering it is only September, I am super happy! 

Last weekend we ventured out to the parade of homes. We have been talking for awhile now about a new house. We have now been preapproved from the bank (conditional on the sale of our house), met with 2 different Realtors about selling our place, and found a couple of floor plans we both like. I like different areas of the city than J, so we will see who wins that battle.  We hope to make it out to the parade again before J heads back. There was one home in particular I would like to visit again as I really think the floor plan is functional. It is missing the formal dining room however has enough room in the kitchen for a dining room table. It didn't meet J's requirement of an open ceiling to the 2nd story, however it did have 13ft ceilings on the main floor so it still left open and big. (without having the windows to clean and drape) It was the smallest house we have seen, but with every room being functional, I believe it is actually bigger. (most other houses were approx. 300 sq ft bigger, but included a formal dining room and/or study) Plus with me being the one who cleans it, I'm perfectly happy with it being slightly smaller. :) J wants me to revisit one from the spring parade as he really liked that floor plan.

I have really enjoyed this last week and am excited to still have another week to go!

1 comment: