Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Thursday, September 29, 2011

The battle has just begun.....

That's right. Im in battle. With a sweet stubborn beautiful little girl and I want to wave my white flag and give up. But then I remember parenting isn't about what's easier for the "now" but about what's right in the end. And in this case what's right is for bug to learn to fall asleep by herself.

She is a great sleeper that I really can't complain but i also can't spend 2 hours a night getting her to sleep. For one that's really my only me time. And really that's not practical in my life. So the battle has been drawn. We are working on it. Its hard. Its frustrating. It tough on me tough on her and tough on peanut. But i feel its right and will be worth the battle in the end.......

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had started this battle earlier, now it is oh so hard!! Good for you! Right now I am only beginning this battle and trying to get Griffin to sleep without being held. First nap of the day was in the crib so that is a start i guess. Night time still sucks, and basically he sleeps the large majority of the night with us. GRRRRR!! I thought this was so simple BEFORE I had kids of my own! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol i think everyone does think its simple before they are battling it out! I was strict with bedtime but during the day was pretty flex and now of course Im paying for it. But its a double battle because i am also trying to get her and Mika on the same sleep schedule. Or at least a similar one......

    ReplyDelete