Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Monday, April 18, 2011

Birthin From Within - Birthing Again

This weekend Joel and I attended the second part of the Birthin From Within prenatal classes we took last year to prepare for Mika. The series was called Birthin Again and although we used a different provider, the course was excellent.  We went for 2 hours Friday night and from 10am - 4pm Saturday.  The course wasn't focused on teaching us about what to expect but rather to reflect on our past experience, to draw strengths and weakness we had personally, to share with our partners his strengths and weaknesses, to really think about what we are planning for this labor and delivery, to think about our plans for Mika during L&D, to consider plans for Mika if something unexpected happens and I end up with a c-section for example, to think about how we can already start preparing Mika, etc.  The class (similar to the last one) is focused on having a spiritual connection with your body and drawing from your inner strengths to cope during labor.  If you know Joel, you can imagine how much he didn't enjoy this class... sharing feelings, sitting around talking about emotions, well it just isn't Joel's idea of a good weekend.  BUT he went for me and similar to last class drove me crazy acting like he didn't care or using humor to avoid the seriousness of the situation.  I can only hope he was actually listening to me when I shared his strengths and weaknesses from last time.  I hope he will be the same supportive, calming influence he was last time.  I hope he will show me his unconditional love again and can understand me the same as before.  I also hope he recognizes my needs postpartum and is more in tune once we get home.  I am feeling mentally ready for this baby now and only have 4 more days of work! yay!

This weekend, besides being Easter is also the weekend of painting!! I am VERY excited to have a professional painter come in and paint our home.  Joel and I went yesterday and picked up a very light color and a nice grey for our bathroom.  I have purchased new bathroom decor and am looking forward to having an adult bathroom. 

We had the realtor visit on Friday and although I wasn't super excited about what he said, none of it was surprising either.  It was exactly what Joel and I thought, which means the plan is extended into next year.  I am happy as it leaves us lots of time to clean up, organize and prepare for putting our house for sale.  Oh and I shouldn't be pregnant so of course that would make things easier too.

Since we will be at the house for another year Joel has decided to add his deck and start the landscaping.  He will do this project while home during his 2 weeks off.

This is life for now, enjoy ~

No comments:

Post a Comment