Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Monday, April 4, 2011

Mika's Birthday Party

This past Saturday we celebrated Mika's first birthday with friends and family at my parents condo.  Although it was a little crowded (and therefore hot!), I think everyone enjoyed playing with the birthday girl and visiting.

We had a friend bake Mika's cake in a sesame street theme....




It turned out beautifully and exactly what I wanted, which would have been hard to do considering my only instructions were "The party is Sesame Street themed, let's go with something that fits that."  It was a chocolate bottom layer (3 layers of chocolate with buttercream in between) and the top was a white confetti cake, again three layers with buttercream in between - yummy!!

I had Mika is one outfit up to and including supper, then changed her into a Tinkerbell Fairy outfit I had picked up in the states so she could open her presents like a princess.  After that was PJ time and the family started to head home with loot bag in hand... a picture cookie of Mika's one year pictures.



Mommy helping opening my first present

All these new toys and I loved this bucket

New drum set from my cousins Ang and Megan

Daddy showuing me how a toy works

Before opening presents, I chatted with Great Grandma Jean and showed her my new shoes


Getting ready for dinner with my party hat and bib on

These pictures are from Barb's camera, I will upload the ones from my grandma's soon.... Enjoy ~

No comments:

Post a Comment