Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Saturday, October 1, 2011

It's going.....

Well! Its getting easier and she's starting to get it. Her morning has been consistent for days now, its the afternoon & evening that gets alittle mucked up. Short naps, often. Usually in the stroller cause I take Peanut to the park or for a walk everyday. All in all, I feel good about the progress, and know this was the right step for us.

My parents also return from their eastern getaway today. I'm looking forward to seeing them. They were gone 2 weeks, and in January they will be gone 3 months! They will miss my birthday, J's birthday and Peanut's birthday! It makes me sad, but I'm glad they are going to enjoy some nice warm weather.

J and I are really excited about the possibility of a new house.  He plays it cool to other people, but then spends his nights telling me of what he was thinking for landscaping, or the basement, or ......! it makes me happy that we are both working so hard to make this a reality. We will put the house up for sale in spring. i am meeting with the new house salesman to discuss time lines and deposits tomorrow.

I am spending the afternoon with my in laws then joining them for dinner. Peanut will be exhausted when we get home as she always is after playing with grams. She follows B around like a shadow and learns LOTS of new skills from her. (I never taught Peanut stairs, or getting off furniture, or the "I hear thunder" song, just to name a few) Peanut is starting to tell me more that she needs to use the washroom, but still hates sitting on the potty..... not sure I'm ready to tackle that yet......

In my free time, I've gotten addicted to pinterest.com.  (like I needed another thing) I spent a lot of time the other night reading quotes, getting home organization ideas, kids activities, and the list goes on!

Well that's life here for the week, onto the next!

2 comments:

  1. You (and Bug)are doing way better than G and I. I am trying to get him to nap in his crib; in the last three days he has napped a grand total of three hours (one in J's arms in Gimli)... plus he has woken up at least four times each night.... I am slowly going crazy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sympathize. Mika was terrible after 11 weeks. Im really structured with times for morning nap with Maddy and its been successful. However she doesn't sleep long for naps but that will come. Her bedtime has also been moved earlier so she is up early in the morning. (i say early loosely here as Im talking 8am and if she's not up i wake her) next we will work on afternoon naps but one battle at a time. :-) i do wish you luck because i know exactly how you feel. I feel like I've read every article ever written about sleep!

    ReplyDelete