Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Monday, October 10, 2011

I spoke too soon....

I hate the art of negotiation and J is even worse than I am at it. I have taken classes on the subject, flown to Toronto for a conference that focused on it, and was even evaluated for a case study based on my skills.  Yet somehow no matter how much "knowledge" I have about it, I lack confidence.  I go into negotiation scared.  I don't mind a confrontation, but would prefer to please everyone, so often I will "give in".  But today that stops..... Today I'm playing "hard ball".  I'm going back and telling them - shit or get off the pot. If they want to work with such tight deadlines, then I need an answer. Or at the very least a non-refundable deposit so we are not out any money for this. I need to make arrangements and with J home in a mere 2 weeks it means I need to start making them now. So wish me luck as this afternoon I need to step up and set deadlines.

1 comment: