Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Peanut & Lady "Bug"

Thursday, October 20, 2011

We jumped in.....

So our house has been conditionally sold and a deadline of Nov.15 has been set for the sale of their home & financing. They were pre-approved so we are basically just waiting on their home to have a clean offer.

That being said we also put a hold on a lot to build our home! We will write the conditional offer when J is home next week. I'm excited, relieved and stressed, but still feel good and positive about the whole thing.

J is going to look for a place to rent where he works as he plans on picking up some extra weeks. Should know in a few days if that option would work, but so far it isn't looking good.  As you can imagine there isn't a huge demand for places up there. 

I think being out there would be fun.... yes I won't know anyone, yes it is a small town, yes it will mean not seeing my friends/family as much, yes it will mean living with minimal everything BUT it will mean seeing J every night, it will mean a bigger down payment on the house, and it will mean the kids & I will learn to do a lot of different things for fun! I think it could really be a good experience for all of us. I know J is trying hard to figure it out because he will get pretty down if he can't see us as much.

If nothing else, we can pay the $150 per night for the hotel up there. J says it is a dive and I'm a little leery to bring 2 kids there if J says it's a dump because let's be honest, J's standards and my standards are 2 totally different things!

Of course we always have the plan of staying with S & J who have kindly opened their home up to us for the month. It would be nice to spend that time with G and S, J works so although we will see him, not nearly the same as we will see the other 2.

Life has been hectically busy, between packing, visiting friends/family, doing things with the kids, and trying to get everything organized for donations, it seems for every one thing I cross off the "to do" list, I add 3! But J's parents did this, actually his mom because of a similar situation with M being away during a couple of their moves so I know it can get done. Wishing I had more time, but I know once J is home things will go a lot quicker.

That's all I've got for now, so here it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment